If you’re interested in becoming a lash technician, use this guide to get started. Learn how to become a lash tech in 5 steps.
Checkout this video:
So, you want to become a lash tech? Eyelash extensions are a popular beauty treatment, and lash technicians are in high demand. If you’re thinking of becoming a lash tech, here are five steps you need to take:
1. Get trained: The first step to becoming a lash tech is to get trained. You can find plenty of training courses online and in beauty schools. Just make sure to choose a course that is accredited and offers ample practical training.
2. Get certified: Once you’ve completed your training, the next step is to get certified. This will show potential clients that you have the skills and knowledge required to apply lash extensions safely and correctly.
3. Buy the right supplies: Before you can start lashing, you need to make sure you have all the right supplies. This includes everything from lashes and adhesive to tweezers and scissors.
4. Market yourself: Marketing is important for any business, and that includes lash businesses! There are plenty of ways to market your lash business, from online directories to social media.
5. Stay up-to-date: The world of beauty is constantly changing, so it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and techniques. This will help you attract new clients and keep existing ones coming back for more!
Step One: Determine If You Have What It Takes
Working as a lash technician requires a combination of technical skill, artistic ability, and people skills. Lash techs need to be able to work quickly and precisely, pay attention to detail, and follow instructions. They also need to be able to listen to their clients and understand their preferences.Patience is important when working with customers and dealing with different personalities. lash tech must possess excellent customer service skills.
Step Two: Consider Going to A Lash School
Now that you’ve decided that you want to be a lash tech, it’s time to get educated! Just like anything else, there is a right way and a wrong way to become a lash tech. We highly recommend going to a lash school.
lash schools will give you the education and experience you need to become a successful lash tech. You will learn about the different types of lashes, how to apply them, and how to remove them. You will also learn about the different products available on the market and how to use them properly.
Going to a lash school is the best way to become a successful lash tech because you will get both the education and experience you need. However, we understand that not everyone has the time or money to go to school. If this is the case, we recommend doing your research online and finding a quality online course that will teach you everything you need to know about being a lash tech.
Step Three: Choose a Lash Kit
Now that you’ve completed your training and have your certification, it’s time to choose a lash kit. This is an important decision because the quality of the products you use will directly impact the results you achieve with your clients. When choosing a lash kit, be sure to select one that includes all of the following items:
-Lash Extensions: Choose a type and length of lash extension that best suits your client’s needs.
-Adhesive: Select an adhesive that is safe for use on the skin and won’t cause irritation.
-Lash Cleanser: This product is used to cleanse the lashes and prepare them for the extension application process.
-Lash Brushes: These brushes are used to comb through the lashes and remove any debris before applying the extensions.
In addition to these items, you may also want to consider investing in a Lash Lift Kit. This type of kit contains everything you need to perform a Lash Lift, which is a popular alternative to lash extensions.
Step Four: Join a Lash Community
Whether it’s a Facebook group, online forum, or in-person lash meetups, connect with other lash artists! These groups are great for asking questions, seeking advice, and staying up-to-date on the latest lash trends. Many of these communities also offer discounts on products and trainings.
Step Five: Start Building Your Clientele
Now that you’ve completed your education and have your license, it’s time to start building your clientele! There are a few ways to go about this:
1. Start by reaching out to your family and friends. They will be your biggest supporters and will help spread the word about your new business.
2. Next, join some local Facebook groups and post about your lash extension services. Be sure to include some pictures of your work!
3. Finally, create a profile on Thumbtack or another similar platform to start getting Lash Extension clients.
Building your clientele may take some time, but if you’re patient and put in the work, you’ll be able to build a successful Lash Extension business in no time!